Field Marketing Specialist
We’re looking for an upbeat individual to share their passion and energy as a field marketing specialist. You will have the opportunity to help us take part in our vision, owning our field marketing strategy through sourcing, planning, and execution of KOVAL Distillery’s programming and building awareness and trial through consumer interaction and sampling opportunities. You will work closely with the Sales and Marketing team to understand region-specific priorities, creating partnerships and high-value events that deliver the best of content and experiences to promote our brand.
*Responsibilities (but not limited to):
KOVAL Ambassador Program:
- Responsible for recruiting, onboarding, training, and coaching local events team and remote part-time brand ambassadors. A minimum of 10 team members.
- Own the tracking of hours for all projects, ensuring our team is properly using our hours tracking software and adjusting resources as necessary.
- Works with Market Managers to co-manage their teams in select markets and provide as-per-need basis support when issues arise.
- Work with our National Sales Manager to organize demos and other marketing activations nationally and online.
Tastings / Demos / Brand Activations:
- Account Management (off-premise accounts, clients, distributor relations and events): Provide market support to KOVAL’s sales team and national distributor’s sales team through scheduling product demos, connecting clients to appropriate departments, and key company announcements.
- Lead local market sampling strategy and coordination in order to reach our target consumers and bring new users into the category.
- Administrative duties: event recaps, expense reports, post-event follow-up, event, and product inventory, and evaluation of current and potential events and partnerships
- Ensures standards and proper branding are upheld at all external and internal events.
- Attend events and tastings in the Chicagoland area.
- Work with like-minded brands on collaborations and events.
- Responsible for the lead-up, day-of, and post logistical activation of events. Manages transportation of all KOVAL assets to and from events. This includes setup, teardown, upkeep, and reorganization
- Develop social media posts to market the tastings, when relevant.
- Help with other promotional/marketing activities to promote KOVAL at demos and other events.
- Develop NPO advocacy plans for events and amplify a philanthropic message that best represents KOVAL.
- General management of the company's donation request platform: reviewing, follow-ups, and confirmations. As well as oversight of donation emails; ensuring customer service is a priority.
- Help with the marketing and social media posts related to non-profit activations.
- Develop opportunities for corporate events at KOVAL.
- Outreach for weddings, baby showers, bachelor/ette parties, private events.
- Make sure that all private events run smoothly and troubleshoot all issues.
- Minimum 2 years of field marketing and festival event management working for a retail brand.
- Foreign language a PLUS
- Experience managing part-time team members is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Strong communicator able to inspire, engage and partner with internal team and external partners.
- Outstanding organizational skills: ability to prioritize directives, handle multiple projects, work independently, and as part of a team.
- Must be willing to travel within the city, Illinois, and surrounding states. Working flexible hours as needed, including evenings and weekends.
- Exceptional interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills required.
- Professional email and phone etiquette, and crisp presentation skills.
- Proficiency in Google Suite.
- Must be legal drinking age, have a reliable vehicle, a valid driver’s license, and a clean driving record.
- Must be able to lift 30+ pound cases and supplies as needed for events.
- Ability to deal with difficult situations and resolve the matter appropriately and effectively.
- Ability to adopt KOVAL’s vision and voice as a representative of the brand.
- General knowledge of distilling and the industry a plus, but not required.
WE WILL ONLY CONSIDER APPLICATIONS THAT INCLUDE A COVER LETTER THAT ANSWERS THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS:
1) WHY DO YOU WANT TO WORK FOR KOVAL?
2) IF YOU HAD SOMETHING WONDERFUL TO CELEBRATE, WHAT WOULD YOUR CELEBRATION LOOK LIKE? WHO WOULD YOU INVITE?
3) IF YOU HAD 2 MILLION DOLLARS, WHAT WOULD YOU DO WITH IT?
4) WHAT MAKES YOU ANGRY?
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $47,000.00 per year
Paid time off
Professional development assistance
Week and Weekend availability (Schedule will vary depending on events)